- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
After you have found the right property you have to follow these steps:
Agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
Settlement & Transfer
A 30 year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
Thailand has different visas like Spousal Visa, Retirement Visa, Student Visa and Elite Visa - just to name a few options. Each visa has different requirements but they are usually easy to obtain.
Somwang Sankamphaeng Village is located 4820 from 7-11 and it can be reached within 7 mins by car.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Somwang Sankamphaeng Village, the 3 closest being:
- Natthawit Panich is 3.3 km away (an approx. drive of 7 mins.)
- 7-11 House plus arrears is 3.8 km away (an approx. drive of 7 mins.)
- 7-Eleven is 7.3 km away (an approx. drive of 6 mins.)
The surrounding area, where Somwang Sankamphaeng Village is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- A-la-cart restaurant Pa Noi is 1.0 km away (approx. 3 mins. by car)
- Suanpaak HUG Restaurant is 4.1 km away (approx. 7 mins. by car)
- Suanpaak Hug Khun Restaurant is 4.1 km away (approx. 7 mins. by car)
Saraphi Bowonnapattana Hospital is the nearest health facility, which is 7.9 km away (you can drive there in 15 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Somwang Sankamphaeng Village are:
- Village generosity, Sankampang Chiangmai Province is 5.1 km away (an approx. drive of 7 mins.)
- Suk Prasert Kindergarten is 3.3 km away (an approx. drive of 7 mins.)
- Bless U Home Ministry Center is 6.4 km away (an approx. drive of 13 mins.)
Chiang Mai International Airport is located 23.7 km from Somwang Sankamphaeng Village and it takes about 32 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.