- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
After you have found the right property at Baan Mattharin you have to follow these steps:
Unit selection and agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
1st Contract Payment
Baan Mattharin is conveniently located just 70 m from 7-Eleven Seven Eleven Ban Nong Faek, Saraphi Branch, which can be reached within 1 min. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Baan Mattharin, the 3 closest being:
- Golden Bee is 360 m away (about 4 mins. by foot)
- Yang Noeng morning market is 1.2 km away (an approx. drive of 2 mins.)
- Sirimongkol Sap Rung Rueng Shop is 1.3 km away (an approx. drive of 3 mins.)
The surrounding area, where Baan Mattharin is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Let's have fun is 50 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
- Pa Wan's Kitchen is 50 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
- F.A.FAMILY (FOOD AND FRUIT) is 60 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
Doctor Ben's Animal Clinic is the nearest health facility, which is 1.0 km away (you can drive there in 2 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Baan Mattharin are:
- BEE SCHOOL is 10 m away (about 1 min. by foot)
- Wachiralai School is 50 m away (about 1 min. by foot)
- Chiang Mai Intercare Nursing School is 120 m away (about 2 mins. by foot)
Chiang Mai International Airport is located 18.6 km from Baan Mattharin and it takes about 25 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.