- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
After you have found the right property you have to follow these steps:
Agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
Settlement & Transfer
A 30 year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
Thailand has different visas like Spousal Visa, Retirement Visa, Student Visa and Elite Visa - just to name a few options. Each visa has different requirements but they are usually easy to obtain.
Idea House is conveniently located just 130 m from 7-Eleven, which can be reached within 2 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Idea House, the 3 closest being:
- 108 SHOP, Soi Mooban Tawanna 1 Branch is 100 m away (about 1 min. by foot)
- 108 SHOP is 100 m away (about 1 min. by foot)
- CP Freshmart, Anchalee University is 450 m away (about 6 mins. by foot)
The surrounding area, where Idea House is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- I Am Noir Shop Food and drink is 140 m away (a walk of about 2 mins.)
- Aunt Jim ... Crab fried rice is 200 m away (a walk of about 3 mins.)
- Hat Yai Curry Rice is 210 m away (a walk of about 3 mins.)
Premium Homecare Elderly Care Center is the nearest health facility, which is 2.2 km away (you can drive there in 8 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Idea House are:
- House of piano music is 160 m away (about 2 mins. by foot)
- THEKNOWLEDGEBYKRUJOE is 160 m away (about 2 mins. by foot)
- Eko shop (everything starts at 20 baht) is 180 m away (about 2 mins. by foot)
Suvarnabhumi Airport is located 46.7 km from Idea House and it takes about 51 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.