- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
After you have found the right property at Villa Rak Tawan you have to follow these steps:
Unit selection and agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
1st Contract Payment
Villa Rak Tawan is located 1.2 km away from 7-Eleven and it can be reached within 5 mins by car.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Villa Rak Tawan, the 3 closest being:
- The Plaza Surin is 900 m away (about 19 mins. by foot)
- Oriental artifacts is 1.0 km away (an approx. drive of 5 mins.)
- Findig - Shoes & Accessories Chain is 1.3 km away (an approx. drive of 5 mins.)
The surrounding area, where Villa Rak Tawan is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Namkho by Yongyee is 170 m away (a walk of about 4 mins.)
- Mazar House is 880 m away (a walk of about 18 mins.)
- Satisfied with curry paste is 870 m away (a walk of about 18 mins.)
Baan Bangtao Clinic is the nearest health facility, which is 2.8 km away (you can drive there in 7 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Villa Rak Tawan are:
- Revolution Muay Thai Camp is 1.2 km away (an approx. drive of 5 mins.)
- Ban Bang Thao School is 1.7 km away (an approx. drive of 6 mins.)
- Kamala beach S.U.P / Surf (Go Surfing Club) is 3.9 km away (an approx. drive of 9 mins.)
Phuket International Airport is located 23.1 km from Villa Rak Tawan and it takes about 35 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.