- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
After you have found the right property at Khram at Chalong you have to follow these steps:
Unit selection and agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
1st Contract Payment
Khram at Chalong is located 1.3 km away from Phuket Minimart and it can be reached within 5 mins by car.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Khram at Chalong, the 3 closest being:
- Mushroom Workey is 1.9 km away (an approx. drive of 5 mins.)
- OK is 5.1 km away (an approx. drive of 10 mins.)
- Pirapat Technology Co., Ltd., Phuket Branch is 4.9 km away (an approx. drive of 10 mins.)
The surrounding area, where Khram at Chalong is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Villa Ko Oud is 660 m away (a walk of about 9 mins.)
- Dab Kij Restaurant is 2.3 km away (approx. 6 mins. by car)
- Froggy restaurant is 2.2 km away (approx. 6 mins. by car)
Phuket Provincile is the nearest health facility, which is 2.2 km away (you can drive there in 7 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Khram at Chalong are:
- Ban Khok Sai Child Development Center Branch 2 (Ban Chalong) is 880 m away (about 17 mins. by foot)
- Ban Chalong School is 1.0 km away (an approx. drive of 3 mins.)
- Danthai academy is 1.2 km away (an approx. drive of 4 mins.)
Phuket International Airport is located 38.8 km from Khram at Chalong and it takes about 52 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.