- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
After you have found the right property at Wild Cottages Sanctuary you have to follow these steps:
Unit selection and agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
1st Contract Payment
Wild Cottages Sanctuary is conveniently located just 290 m from FamilyMart, which can be reached within 5 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Wild Cottages Sanctuary, the 3 closest being:
- The Outback is 1.8 km away (an approx. drive of 5 mins.)
- Nava Optical is 1.9 km away (an approx. drive of 5 mins.)
- Ko Ko Gallery is 2.1 km away (an approx. drive of 5 mins.)
The surrounding area, where Wild Cottages Sanctuary is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- We Green Farm & Restaurant by Sabienglae Samui is 470 m away (a walk of about 7 mins.)
- LEK restaurant is 150 m away (a walk of about 3 mins.)
- Chai 4 Noodle Kiao is 480 m away (a walk of about 7 mins.)
Prachak Medical Clinic is the nearest health facility, which is 2.6 km away (you can drive there in 4 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Wild Cottages Sanctuary are:
- L&T Samui Company Limited is 330 m away (about 5 mins. by foot)
- Black Cat & White Cat is 550 m away (about 8 mins. by foot)
- French school is 900 m away (about 12 mins. by foot)
Samui Airport is located 15.4 km from Wild Cottages Sanctuary and it takes about 29 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.