- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
After you have found the right property at Lux Lamai you have to follow these steps:
Unit selection and agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
1st Contract Payment
Lux Lamai is located 7.7 km away from Elder Shop and it can be reached within 27 mins by car.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Lux Lamai, the 3 closest being:
- Takun farm koh samui is 16.2 km away (an approx. drive of 33 mins.)
- Sam Bai Chao, forklift, slide truck 24 hours service is 16.4 km away (an approx. drive of 34 mins.)
- PSP Koh Samui is 16.1 km away (an approx. drive of 33 mins.)
The surrounding area, where Lux Lamai is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Real people remember quickly is 0 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
- Pongpat is 0 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
- BLUE WHITE RESTAURANT SAMUI is 0 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
Bangkok Hospital Samui is the nearest health facility, which is 16.4 km away (you can drive there in 33 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Lux Lamai are:
- Brithish Embassy is 2.7 km away (an approx. drive of 11 mins.)
- The Phangan Thai Cooking Class is 2.7 km away (an approx. drive of 12 mins.)
- The new English good academy is 4.2 km away (an approx. drive of 19 mins.)
Samui Airport is located 18.4 km from Lux Lamai and it takes about 38 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.