- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
After you have found the right property at BASE Horizon Villas you have to follow these steps:
Unit selection and agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
1st Contract Payment
BASE Horizon Villas is conveniently located just 680 m from Family Mart, which can be reached within 9 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of BASE Horizon Villas, the 3 closest being:
- 7-Eleven is 870 m away (about 12 mins. by foot)
- FamilyMart is 1.5 km away (an approx. drive of 2 mins.)
- 7 eleven is 1.7 km away (an approx. drive of 6 mins.)
The surrounding area, where BASE Horizon Villas is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Samui Good Herb Thai cooking class is 80 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
- Mr. Eung Seafood Restaurant is 180 m away (a walk of about 3 mins.)
- Prick Thai Samui is 370 m away (a walk of about 5 mins.)
Samui International Hospital is the nearest health facility, which is 5.3 km away (you can drive there in 10 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of BASE Horizon Villas are:
- Samui TEFL is 310 m away (about 5 mins. by foot)
- Thanyawarat Kindergarten is 1.6 km away (an approx. drive of 4 mins.)
- I Un-Nursery Company Limited is 2.3 km away (an approx. drive of 6 mins.)
Samui Airport is located 5.9 km from BASE Horizon Villas and it takes about 14 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.