- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand, non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years, and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
After you have found the right property at The Ridge you have to follow these steps:
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
Thailand has different visas like Spousal Visa, Retirement Visa, Student Visa and Elite Visa - just to name a few options. Each visa has different requirements but they are usually easy to obtain.
The Ridge is conveniently located just 650 m from 7-Eleven, which can be reached within 11 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of The Ridge, the 3 closest being:
- Mini Big C Ban Plai Laem, Samui is 610 m away (about 11 mins. by foot)
- Panong Engineering is 550 m away (about 10 mins. by foot)
- Mr. is 1.9 km away (an approx. drive of 5 mins.)
The surrounding area, where The Ridge is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- @ Maithy Pool Bar & Restaurant is 1.5 km away (approx. 6 mins. by car)
- Milk kitchen shop is 2.4 km away (approx. 7 mins. by car)
- Steak Chogun is 560 m away (a walk of about 10 mins.)
Public Health Service Center Commemoration 84th Anniversary (Bangrak) is the nearest health facility, which is 4.8 km away (you can drive there in 11 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of The Ridge are:
- Nurul Hidaayah Mosque, Ban Bang Rak is 2.4 km away (an approx. drive of 6 mins.)
- Masjid Nurul hidayah Koh samui (Tansri Dr.Nik Hussian bin Abdul rahman Malaysia) is 2.5 km away (an approx. drive of 6 mins.)
- JUMBO Scubadive is 2.4 km away (an approx. drive of 6 mins.)
Samui Airport is located 5.4 km from The Ridge and it takes about 12 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.