- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
After you have found the right property at De' Yiam you have to follow these steps:
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
Thailand has different visas like Spousal Visa, Retirement Visa, Student Visa and Elite Visa - just to name a few options. Each visa has different requirements but they are usually easy to obtain.
De' Yiam is conveniently located just 420 m from Lamai Amani Master Tailor Limited Partnership, which can be reached within 5 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of De' Yiam, the 3 closest being:
- Pim Shop @ Fish is 420 m away (about 5 mins. by foot)
- Pu O Shop is 2.7 km away (an approx. drive of 6 mins.)
- Shop 9 Up Lamai is 1.1 km away (an approx. drive of 2 mins.)
The surrounding area, where De' Yiam is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Dirk's Pizza Garden is 2.8 km away (approx. 7 mins. by car)
- Eat Easy Restaurant Koh Samui is 930 m away (a walk of about 11 mins.)
- Lamai View OLY is 930 m away (a walk of about 11 mins.)
General practitioner's office is the nearest health facility, which is 3.3 km away (you can drive there in 8 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of De' Yiam are:
- May Kuson Wat Lamai School is 180 m away (about 2 mins. by foot)
- lern-thai.com is 670 m away (about 9 mins. by foot)
- Samui Mikko's FREE Internet consulting NON-PROFIT is 3.6 km away (an approx. drive of 9 mins.)
Samui Airport is located 15.6 km from De' Yiam and it takes about 34 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.