- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
Learn more about the Talat Yai property market through trends and average prices.
Talat Yai subdistrict has many famous sites attracting several tourists such as ecotourism by visiting the old town and unique cultural architectures, visiting natural resources and shopping. The distinctive landmarks are as follows;
- Thalang Road is a famous destination and popular among tourists. It is one of the oldest roads in the province. The street is full of original buildings called 'Sino Portuguese.' Tourists can visit the area throughout the day as it is considered a hip area with several modern cafes that should not be missed.
- Sunday Walking Street Market is another a-must check-in spot. The market opens on Sundays from 4.00 PM - 22.00 PM. It is located on Thalang Road. The market is bustling with people who love shopping and food. It is vibrant, with shops lined up for foods, beverages, handicrafts, souvenirs, and artworks, perfect for taking a walk and chilling at night.
- Saphan Hin Public Park is a place for recreation in Phuket Town with a shady and peaceful atmosphere. The park is located at the end of Phuket Road, connecting to the sea. It is home to a 60-year monument modeled after the miner and the center of sports such as swimming pools, petanque courts, basketball courts, a gymnasium, and a public computer center. There is also the Kew Thien Keng Shrine, a place of worship to perform ceremonies and a Vegetarian Festival in the area.
- Chillva Market, a trendy market built from containers, located in the Sam Kong area. You can find a variety of products such as clothing, souvenirs, and restaurants. Each shop is unique with different decorations. The market also has live music performing to entertainment customers.
- Surin Clock Tower Roundabout, locally known as the Clock Tower Roundabout, is located on Phuket Road. The roundabout has a long history. It has been restored and redesigned to the Sino-Portuguese architecture to blend in with the unique old town. The decorative warm light and lanterns will be turned on at nighttime, making a stunning showcase to people passing by. Around the roundabout, there are decorative gardens and benches placed for visitors to take photos which gain attention from Thais and foreigners.
Talat Yai subdistrict is considered the best location in Phuket as it is a center of government offices, provincial court, and city hall. The area is also fully developed with public amenities such as educational institutions, public health, and religions as follows;
Education: Talat Yai subdistrict is home to many educational institutions from early childhood to high schools, such as Satree Phuket School, Phuket Wittayalai School, Phuket Kindergarten, which are provincial-famous schools.
Healthcare: there are 3 hospitals in the subdistrict, which are public and private hospitals that are Bangkok Hospital Phuket, Vachira Hospital Phuket, Phuket Provincial Administrative Organization Hospital.
Religions: there are Sansuk Temple, Wichit Sangkharam Temple (Wat Khuan), and Wat Kosit Viharn located in the subdistrict for worship and performing religious rituals. As for transportation in Talat Yai, it is very comfortable. The main road of the subdistrict is Thepkasattri Road connecting to various communities. Also, there are many rural roads such as Dibuk Road, Thalang Road, Phang Nga Road to facilitate the commuting of people. As for public transportation, there are public buses called Songthaew and Pho Tong available in many spots throughout the entire area at affordable prices.