- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
After you have found the right property you have to follow these steps:
Agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
Settlement & Transfer
A 30 year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
Thailand has different visas like Spousal Visa, Retirement Visa, Student Visa and Elite Visa - just to name a few options. Each visa has different requirements but they are usually easy to obtain.
Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket is conveniently located just 830 m from 7-Eleven, which can be reached within 10 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket, the 3 closest being:
- Family Mart is 8.2 km away (an approx. drive of 2 mins.)
- 7-eleven is 8.8 km away (an approx. drive of 13 mins.)
- 7-Eleven Seven Airport is 9.4 km away (an approx. drive of 14 mins.)
The surrounding area, where Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Red mango by Kin Dee is 30 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
- Coconut&seafood Restaurant Mai Khao is 70 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
- Sunshine Restaurant is 60 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
Health Promotion Hospital in Saku Subdistrict is the nearest health facility, which is 10.0 km away (you can drive there in 17 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket are:
- Ban Mai Khao School is 2.0 km away (an approx. drive of 4 mins.)
- Saku Subdistrict Child Development Center is 10.7 km away (an approx. drive of 19 mins.)
- Wat Mongkhon Woraram School is 10.5 km away (an approx. drive of 18 mins.)
Phuket International Airport is located 8.3 km from Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket and it takes about 13 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.