- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
Find the latest rental rates on the Kathu property market
Kathu is home to many popular tourist attractions. The district covers from the forest area on the hill to the plains and the Andaman Sea coast. As a result, most tourist attractions still focus on natural tourism, including forests, beaches, and waterfalls. In addition, due to the economic growth and mixed cultures, Kathu become a famous tourist destination, which has the interesting landmarks as follows:
- Patong Beach Phuket’s most famous tourist destination. It is a tourist attraction that both Thai and foreign tourists visit to admire the beauty of the Andaman Sea. The beach has fine white sand stretching for more than 4 kilometers. It is a good location for swimming. Also, there are many water activities available, as well as complete facilities, such as hotels, resorts, restaurants, souvenir shops, and large department stores, such as Jungceylon and Central Patong, nearby.
- Bangla Walking Street a famous nightlife destination among tourists from all over the world. There is an exciting entertainment road that is bustling with the ambiance of the nightclubs, bars, and shows by amateurs and professionals. It also incorporates a variety of tourists' cultures and blends seamlessly.
- Kamala Beach is located in the north of Patong and about 26 kilometers away from Phuket Town. It is another beautiful beach, but the sand is quite rough. However, it is home to a Muslim fishing village as well as a long-term vacation destination for foreign tourists, such as bars, international restaurants, and shops. In addition, it is ideal for long-term vacations for family travelers.
- Phuket FantaSea is located on Kamala Beach. It is a nightlife attraction that presents Thai arts and culture combined with advanced technology. Furthermore, there are restaurants, gift shops, and various Thai handicrafts, including the Jintamaya Show in the Aiyara Palace, which brings Thai uniqueness in terms of literature, way of life, art, and culture punctuated with mid-air ballet, and magic shows. Open daily except Thursday, from 5:30 PM to 11:30 PM.
- Kathu Shrine is the first shrine in Phuket. It is also the place where the Vegetarian Festival began, which is an important traditional festival of Phuket. Furthermore, it is also the place to perform important rituals for the Thai Chinese descent, such as weddings, birthdays of Taoism gods. Kathu Shrine is also an ancient and considered holy place. Moreover, it is an important center of mind for locals and the community’s heart, which is always available to visit.
Kathu can be considered as a large district suitable for living. It is also the location for many famous tourist attractions. Therefore, there are many tourism-related businesses and comprehensive facilities in all areas of both utilities and consumption, such as 5-star hotels and resorts, sports fields, banks, markets, golf courses, schools, and large shopping malls. Besides, there is a water supply and electrical system that covers all areas. Since there are diverse cultures in Kathu, therefore, there are different religious places including temples, mosques, shrines, and churches. It is also home to Kathu Temple, Sukiri Wong Temple, Kamala Mosque, Patong Mosque, Kathu Shrine, etc.
- Hospitals In the Kathu district, Patong Hospital is considered the main hospital. Also, there is a Kathu Subdistrict Health Promoting Hospital, which is the government sector that provides consulting services and initial medical treatment. Furthermore, there are various clinics in the area as well.
- In Kathu, educational institutions cover all levels from kindergarten to the bachelor's degree. In addition, there are government and private schools, such as Prince of Songkla University, Phuket Campus, IQI International School, Kajonkietsuksa School Kathu, Ban Kalim School, Wat Suwan Khiri Wong School, etc.
- Transportation in Kathu is comfortable because there are many main roads: Vichitsongkram Road that connects Kathu and Phuket Town as well as Phra Phuket Kaew Road that is accessible to the Samkong area. Also, Phrabaramee Road (National Highway 4029) is the route to Patong. Furthermore, there is Kathu-Samkong road that is connected to the middle of Vichitsongkram Road. Besides, there are roads that connect the main road to villages and other communities as well.