- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
After you have found the right property you have to follow these steps:
Agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
Settlement & Transfer
A 30 year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
Thailand has different visas like Spousal Visa, Retirement Visa, Student Visa and Elite Visa - just to name a few options. Each visa has different requirements but they are usually easy to obtain.
Phloenchan 3 is conveniently located just 870 m from 7-ELEVEN Pa Khlok Market, which can be reached within 11 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Phloenchan 3, the 3 closest being:
- 7-ELEVEN, Bang Rong Community is 2.6 km away (an approx. drive of 1 min.)
- Super Cheap is 2.7 km away (an approx. drive of 4 mins.)
- Paraphan Shop is 3.8 km away (an approx. drive of 4 mins.)
The surrounding area, where Phloenchan 3 is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Isaan Fusion Restaurant @ 888 is 640 m away (a walk of about 8 mins.)
- Baan At Tu, the most delicious rice in the world. is 700 m away (a walk of about 9 mins.)
- Uncle Descendants Garden is 1.0 km away (approx. 2 mins. by car)
Baan Rak Ya Pharmacy is the nearest health facility, which is 4.7 km away (you can drive there in 5 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Phloenchan 3 are:
- Ban PA Khlok School is 250 m away (about 3 mins. by foot)
- Ban for child center is 350 m away (about 5 mins. by foot)
- Ban Pa Khlok School is 280 m away (about 4 mins. by foot)
Phuket International Airport is located 18.4 km from Phloenchan 3 and it takes about 23 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.