- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
After you have found the right property you have to follow these steps:
Agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
Settlement & Transfer
A 30 year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
Thailand has different visas like Spousal Visa, Retirement Visa, Student Visa and Elite Visa - just to name a few options. Each visa has different requirements but they are usually easy to obtain.
Panoramic Villa is conveniently located just 770 m from 7-Eleven, which can be reached within 12 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Panoramic Villa, the 3 closest being:
- Family Mart is 1.2 km away (an approx. drive of 2 mins.)
- FamilyMart is 690 m away (about 11 mins. by foot)
- 7-Eleven is 1.4 km away (an approx. drive of 2 mins.)
The surrounding area, where Panoramic Villa is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Coffee World, Bangkok Hospital, Samui is 960 m away (a walk of about 14 mins.)
- Braised Pork Noodle Mr. Beer is 1.0 km away (approx. 3 mins. by car)
- Koh Samui Fried Chicken Restaurant is 760 m away (a walk of about 11 mins.)
Bangkok Hospital Samui is the nearest health facility, which is 920 m away (you can walk there in 13 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Panoramic Villa are:
- Tutor tie is 1.1 km away (an approx. drive of 3 mins.)
- The Academy Center Spa & Thai Massage Koh Samui is 1.2 km away (an approx. drive of 3 mins.)
- Samui music and art school is 1.2 km away (an approx. drive of 3 mins.)
Samui Airport is located 6.6 km from Panoramic Villa and it takes about 19 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.