- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
A 30 year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
What is the process of a property purchase in Thailand?
After you have found the right property you have to follow these steps:
Unit selection and agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
1st Contract Payment
Sunset Cove Private Residences is located 1.6 km away from Family Mart and it can be reached within 4 mins by car.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Sunset Cove Private Residences, the 3 closest being:
- Find a phone is 820 m away (about 10 mins. by foot)
- Panong Engineering is 2.4 km away (an approx. drive of 6 mins.)
- SM Shop Company Limited is 2.9 km away (an approx. drive of 7 mins.)
The surrounding area, where Sunset Cove Private Residences is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Six Senses Samui is 190 m away (a walk of about 2 mins.)
- Dining on the Hill is 300 m away (a walk of about 3 mins.)
- Woodhouse restaurant is 430 m away (a walk of about 6 mins.)
Yianik Massage at Big Buddha is the nearest health facility, which is 3.6 km away (you can drive there in 11 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Sunset Cove Private Residences are:
- Samui Art Eyebrows is 4.0 km away (an approx. drive of 9 mins.)
- JUMBO Scubadive is 4.8 km away (an approx. drive of 11 mins.)
- Extreme Samui Water Sports is 4.7 km away (an approx. drive of 10 mins.)
Samui Airport is located 7.4 km from Sunset Cove Private Residences and it takes about 18 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.