- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand, non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years, and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
After you have found the right property at Sunset Lagoon Estate you have to follow these steps:
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
Thailand has different visas like Spousal Visa, Retirement Visa, Student Visa and Elite Visa - just to name a few options. Each visa has different requirements but they are usually easy to obtain.
Sunset Lagoon Estate is located 1.6 km away from Family Mart and it can be reached within 4 mins by car.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Sunset Lagoon Estate, the 3 closest being:
- SM Shop Company Limited is 2.8 km away (an approx. drive of 7 mins.)
- Mini Big C Ban Plai Laem, Samui is 3.0 km away (an approx. drive of 7 mins.)
- Panong Engineering is 3.1 km away (an approx. drive of 7 mins.)
The surrounding area, where Sunset Lagoon Estate is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Six Senses is 170 m away (a walk of about 2 mins.)
- Dining on the Hill is 280 m away (a walk of about 3 mins.)
- Drift at the Beach is 410 m away (a walk of about 5 mins.)
The Health Clinic is the nearest health facility, which is 6.8 km away (you can drive there in 14 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Sunset Lagoon Estate are:
- I Un-Nursery Company Limited is 700 m away (about 9 mins. by foot)
- Geological Graveyard of Fossilized Corals (Paleonzoic Era) is 2.8 km away (an approx. drive of 8 mins.)
- Destination TEFL Samui is 3.0 km away (an approx. drive of 6 mins.)
Samui Airport is located 7.4 km from Sunset Lagoon Estate and it takes about 17 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.