- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
After you have found the right property you have to follow these steps:
Agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
Settlement & Transfer
A 30 year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
Thailand has different visas like Spousal Visa, Retirement Visa, Student Visa and Elite Visa - just to name a few options. Each visa has different requirements but they are usually easy to obtain.
The Prime Horizon is conveniently located just 580 m from 7-11 Wualai Road, which can be reached within 7 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of The Prime Horizon , the 3 closest being:
- 7 Eleven is 710 m away (about 9 mins. by foot)
- 7-Eleven is 630 m away (about 8 mins. by foot)
- 7-Eleven is 720 m away (about 9 mins. by foot)
The surrounding area, where The Prime Horizon is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Nantharam Chicken Rice is 70 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
- Nam Ngao dry eye, Tahang northern food Chiangmai Thailand is 100 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
- Yok Vegetarian Restaurant Vegetarian Restaurant is 150 m away (a walk of about 2 mins.)
House of Dentists is the nearest health facility, which is 200 m away (you can walk there in 2 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of The Prime Horizon are:
- What Si Supan Municipal School is 520 m away (about 6 mins. by foot)
- Middle School 9 is 720 m away (about 9 mins. by foot)
- Small House Chiang Mai Thai Cooking School is 750 m away (about 9 mins. by foot)
Chiang Mai International Airport is located 8.3 km from The Prime Horizon and it takes about 16 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.