- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
Find the latest rental rates on the Si Sunthon property market
Si Sunthon Subdistrict is full of history and plays an important role. The historical sites are as follows;
- Thalang National Museum is located at Si Sunthon, Thalang, Phuket. It is the National Museum of Phuket where the building is an Applied Thai Southern style. It exhibits antiques, history, and archaeological sites. The museum opens daily from 9.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.
- Tha Rue Shrine is another famous shrine in Phuket. The shrine's design is inspired by Chinese sculptures. It is a sentimental ritual place for villagers to worship.
- Ban Phraya Vichitsongkram is another important historical site in Phuket. The house is an outdoor learning history during 1852-1882. Phraya Wichit Songkhram was a governor who led the people to fight against the Chinese rebellion. Nowadays, the old walls are remaining as memorials.
- Thalang Victory Monument, or Thao Thep Kasattri and Thao Sri Sunthon Monument, is located at the intersection of Thalang District and 12 kilometers from Phuket Town. The monument represents the virtues of the 2 heroines of Thalang over the Burmese army. It is a popular place for people to worship.
- Wat Si Sunthon is a Buddhist religious place located in Si Sunthon Subdistrict. The main chapel is 6 meters wide and 12 meters long, with mural painting on one side of the wall, whereas the other 3 sides have half of the painting. The surroundings are shady and peaceful, suitable for meditation and performing religious ceremonies.