- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
After you have found the right property you have to follow these steps:
Agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
Settlement & Transfer
A 30 year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
Thailand has different visas like Spousal Visa, Retirement Visa, Student Visa and Elite Visa - just to name a few options. Each visa has different requirements but they are usually easy to obtain.
Cape Sienna is conveniently located just 510 m from 7-Eleven, which can be reached within 6 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Cape Sienna, the 3 closest being:
- Thong Sri Thong Shop, Kamala Beach Branch is 970 m away (about 12 mins. by foot)
- Fried Ice Cream is 1.8 km away (an approx. drive of 4 mins.)
- Russian shop "U Georgy" is 970 m away (about 12 mins. by foot)
The surrounding area, where Cape Sienna is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Plum Prime Steakhouse is 50 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
- Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas is 50 m away (a walk of about 1 min.)
- The Mushroom is 340 m away (a walk of about 5 mins.)
Happy Pharmacy is the nearest health facility, which is 1.6 km away (you can drive there in 5 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Cape Sienna are:
- 36 th Rajaprajanugroh School is 740 m away (about 9 mins. by foot)
- Scuba Quest Dive Center Kamala is 880 m away (about 11 mins. by foot)
- Kamala Phuket Divers / Scuba Diving Thailand is 1.5 km away (an approx. drive of 4 mins.)
Phuket International Airport is located 28.6 km from Cape Sienna and it takes about 41 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.