- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
After you have found the right property at Khram at Karon you have to follow these steps:
Unit selection and agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
1st Contract Payment
Khram at Karon is conveniently located just 700 m from 7-11 Thanon Thaina Branch (8198), which can be reached within 10 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Khram at Karon, the 3 closest being:
- Survoo Coffee by Mrs. Kanya Mooksakul is 400 m away (about 6 mins. by foot)
- Lotus Karon is 410 m away (about 6 mins. by foot)
- Makro Food Service is 650 m away (about 10 mins. by foot)
The surrounding area, where Khram at Karon is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- Prana Eatery is 460 m away (a walk of about 8 mins.)
- Refuge Restaurant is 460 m away (a walk of about 8 mins.)
- The Jungle Restaurant & Bar is 310 m away (a walk of about 5 mins.)
Clinic is the nearest health facility, which is 430 m away (you can walk there in 6 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Khram at Karon are:
- HMI Thailand is 790 m away (about 12 mins. by foot)
- PSSC Surf Phuket is 870 m away (about 13 mins. by foot)
- Sunrise Divers is 900 m away (about 13 mins. by foot)
Phuket International Airport is located 47.3 km from Khram at Karon and it takes about 1 hour 4 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.