- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
A 30-year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
After you have found the right property at Samui Sway you have to follow these steps:
Unit selection and agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
1st Contract Payment
Samui Sway is conveniently located just 850 m from 7-Eleven, which can be reached within 12 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of Samui Sway, the 3 closest being:
- FamilyMart is 1.2 km away (an approx. drive of 2 mins.)
- 7-Eleven is 1.4 km away (an approx. drive of 3 mins.)
- 7-Eleven is 1.8 km away (an approx. drive of 4 mins.)
The surrounding area, where Samui Sway is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- The Love Kitchen Restaurant is 740 m away (a walk of about 10 mins.)
- Bongoes Restaurant is 540 m away (a walk of about 7 mins.)
- Green Dragon is 680 m away (a walk of about 9 mins.)
Samui International Hospital is the nearest health facility, which is 3.7 km away (you can drive there in 7 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of Samui Sway are:
- Thanyawarat Lertwitch School is 1.0 km away (an approx. drive of 3 mins.)
- Thanyawarat Kindergarten is 1.0 km away (an approx. drive of 2 mins.)
- Samui TEFL is 2.3 km away (an approx. drive of 5 mins.)
Samui Airport is located 4.3 km from Samui Sway and it takes about 11 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.