- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
The building (the bricks and mortar) can be owned by a non-Thai national outright in their name in what is called the house registry which secures ownership indefinitely of the structure.
In Thailand non-Thai nationals cannot own land outright in their name. Land can be controlled through either a Thai Company or a long-term registered lease. The longest registered lease term by Thai law is 30 years and most developers will offer 3 terms for a total of 90 years.
After you have found the right property you have to follow these steps:
Agreement of terms and conditions
Sales and Purchase Agreement
Settlement & Transfer
A 30 year lease period is legally protected under Thai law and ownership cannot be disrupted. It is common for developers to offer an additional two terms of 30 contractually obligating a total of 90 years.
Prior to purchasing a leasehold property it is important to secure a copy of the lease agreement or get further clarity on these three points.
#1 - Who is the lessor? (an individual or a Thai Company) Securing a lease from a Thai Company offers much more security than a private individual.
#2 - Do I have voting rights as a Lessee? (Some lease contracts do not allow lessee to have voting rights)
#3 - Is there a succession clause in the lease agreement that will allow inheritance of the lease?
Thailand has different visas like Spousal Visa, Retirement Visa, Student Visa and Elite Visa - just to name a few options. Each visa has different requirements but they are usually easy to obtain.
KW Villas is conveniently located just 940 m from FamilyMart, which can be reached within 14 mins. by foot.
There are many other shops situated in the area of KW Villas, the 3 closest being:
- 7-Eleven is 1.8 km away (an approx. drive of 2 mins.)
- Convenience Store is 1.5 km away (an approx. drive of 3 mins.)
- Family Mart is 2.4 km away (an approx. drive of 3 mins.)
The surrounding area, where KW Villas is situated, offers a wide variety of restaurants. See the closest of them below:
- The terrace restaurant Santi Thani is 620 m away (a walk of about 10 mins.)
- Terrace house is 880 m away (a walk of about 13 mins.)
- Chanhom Seafood is 960 m away (a walk of about 14 mins.)
Donsak Telephone Exchange is the nearest health facility, which is 1.2 km away (you can drive there in 3 mins.) from the project, while the closest schools in the proximity of KW Villas are:
- CHINESE MANDARIN LANGUAGE SCHOOL is 1.5 km away (an approx. drive of 2 mins.)
- Tutoring small teacher is 5.6 km away (an approx. drive of 17 mins.)
- ICT Community Learning Center, Wat Phu Khao Thong School is 4.5 km away (an approx. drive of 15 mins.)
Samui Airport is located 15.7 km from KW Villas and it takes about 30 mins. by car or taxi (depending on the traffic) to get there.