- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
Bangkok is the bustling Capital metropolis of Thailand. From high-end restaurants to the famous street food stalls, the enormous shopping malls of Siam, to the bustling market places of Ratchada and Chatachuk. Bangkok really has something for everyone. With an estimated population of 8.281 million people and 95% of those practicing Buddhism, Thailand’s capital attracts thousands of visitors from all over the globe each year. It is the largest and most developed city in Thailand, yet it still manages to maintain its ancient charm and history.
Learn more about the Bangkok apartment market through trends and average prices.
● Chinatown: A popular tourist attraction, mainly for its array of side street vendors offering a selection of vibrant street food. This popular tourist spot is the oldest area of the city and the largest Chinatown in the world. Chinatown is easily accessible via the MRT (underground subway station), conveniently situated south of the grand palace and sits along the Chao Phraya river.
● The Grand Palace: With a combined area of 218,400 square meters, exquisitely decorated with Buddhist statues, elaborate paintings, and walls plated with gold, you can see why the grand palace is Bangkok’s most visited attraction. The construction of the Grand Palace began in 1782 after King Rama 1 moved Thailand’s capital from the eastern side of the Chao Phraya River.
● Siam square: The shopping mecca of Bangkok and still an open-air shopping experience, lined with lanes of stalls. Siam square also offers seven-story malls such as; Siam Square One shopping mall. Whether you are looking for fashions as low as 100 Baht or for something a little higher end. Siam has it all.
● Lumpini Park: Needing a break from the hustle and bustle of the city, Lumpini Park offers some differences to the bustling streets of Bangkok. Whether you pack a picnic and relax by one of the few ornamental lakes, where you can enjoy the wildlife and flowers, maybe even catch one of the concerts the gardens of Lumpini is known to host, or just simply enjoy the relaxing pace.
● Street food: Thai cuisine, the perfect combination of salty, sweet, sour, bitter, and spicy. All working together harmoniously to create a dish that dances and comes alive on the palette. With popular dishes like Khao Pad (fried rice) and som tam (papaya salad), there’s no doubt that Thai food has an international reputation. Because of the popularity and people’s interest in trying what Thai cuisine has to offer, Thailand has now produced its first Michelin star guide for Bangkok.
1. Bangkok is the number 1 international City destination in the world, with 21 million visitors last year.
2. The Government has targeted consumer and investment policies, including increased public infrastructure spending. The regulatory framework has gradually become more efficient and transparent in attracting investment and integrating the economy better into the global marketplace
3. The cost of living is lower and the quality of life is much higher in Bangkok when compared to other Western cities and the city has become a huge attraction to the ex-pat community.
4. It’s convenient, fast, easy, and cheap to get around the city. Thailand offers many modes of transport, at an affordable price. Choose from the BTS (Skytrain), MRT (underground train), taxis, tuk-tuks, motorbike taxis, or even a riverboat taxi. Bangkok is also home to two airports. Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang, these airports are a hub for traveling around South East Asia and all around the world.
5. Private hospitals in Bangkok are of first-rate quality and Bangkok offers both public and private health care, with the cost relatively cheap compared to most western countries. Some of the more popular Hospitals and Clinics are Bangpakok 9 International Hospital, Mission Hospital Bangkok, Laser Vision International LASIK Center, Hairsmith Clinic, and the Bangkok International Dental Center
6. Potential investors looking to own an apartment as a solid investment as the real estate market is booming and the yearly rental yield is good.