- List your rentals - it's free
- Sign up or Log in
THB - ฿
Find the latest rental rates on the Bangkok property market
As the city with the biggest population in the country, the capital city of Thailand is a world famous tourist destination. Year after year this city has continued to surprise with its new attractions and a steady increase in tourism. Medical tourism is also very popular in Bangkok. If you are traveling to Bangkok for the first time, know that there are plenty of world-class hospitals in this city. The rich culture of Bangkok and the diversity you observe here would surely surprise you. This diversity, in fact, makes this city a global city suitable for all. The people here are warm and friendly. When you settle in Bangkok you would be enjoying the lifestyle at your chosen destination.
You may move to Bangkok for work or to retire or for a medical procedure. Whatever category you may belong to, you might wish to rent and the tenancy you may wish to go with and the type of facilities you are looking for will help you determine the exact location where you should hunt for your property and the type of property to choose. There are compact to extravagant apartments and serviced apartments, condos, houses, and townhouses for rent in Bangkok. There are several areas in Bangkok where there are many foreign investors who buy properties for the rental income they fetch. So, finding a rental property to suit the needs of your family is very easy.
Thailand has a very low unemployment rate and there has been a surge in the number of jobs in Bangkok in particular. Foreigners who can speak English can easily find a job in this city. For all those who are on a very tight budget, and those moving to this city alone there is plenty of one bedroom serviced apartments available. This is the most popular type of rental accommodation chosen by the expats in Bangkok. And these are popular because you can find such compact accommodation options in all parts of the city. If you are looking to offer your family a luxurious standard of living then there are some lavish houses sprawling across huge plots of lands. If you need something which offers the privacy of a house but at a smaller budget like that of a condo then there are compact townhouses as well. If you have a huge budget to work from then you can choose from the luxury estate options which are located away from the hustle and bustle of the city. These also come with large gardens in beautiful surroundings.
Bangkok is among the most popular cities chosen by the expats in Thailand. Bangkok is a thriving city full of international tourists. This is also the city that is home to big business which offers ample job opportunities both for the locals and the foreign nationals. If your job location is in the Central Business District of Bangkok small apartments measuring over 21sq.m on an average might cost you around 15000 Baht. If you are looking for something cheaper, then you might be able to find similar sized apartments for as low as 7000 Baht in the other neighborhoods. Chit Lom, Asok, Nana, Phra Ram 9, Lumphini and Thong Lo are among the popular destination for good rental properties. Sukhumvit is one of the most popular neighborhoods preferred by the expatriates. Lumphini and Sathon are the other areas where you are likely to find more expats than the locals.
For anyone looking for a city that stays awake 24x7, this is one of the popular choices. It is a safe city for the expats and also offers a high standard of living. When it comes to leisure activities and entertainment there are endless lists of activities. If you are bored with the busy city life you can step back and go on a cruise vacation over the weekend. The city is also known for its state of the art healthcare facilities offered at competitive prices. There are several International schools for the expats. You can ride the cheap and clean public transport, including the recent BTS Sky Train system. Do not underestimate the traffic in this crowded city, a short taxi ride through central can last forever! There are rental properties for all budget categories, and the overall cost of living is pretty low for the great quality lifestyle this city offers.
Before embarking on the journey to rent a property in Bangkok, it is essential to equip yourself with the necessary knowledge to make the process a smooth and successful experience. Here are some of the key aspects to consider before renting a property in the bustling city:
1. Budget and Location: Start by determining your budget and preferred location. Bangkok offers a wide range of properties across different neighborhoods, each with its own unique appeal. Consider factors such as proximity to work, public transportation, schools, shopping centers, and hospitals when choosing your location.
2. Property Type: The next step is to identify your preferred property type, such as a condominium, apartment, townhouse, or single-family home. Each of these options has its unique features, amenities, and price points.
3. Research and Seek Assistance: Conduct thorough research, both online and offline, to gain an understanding of the property market in Bangkok. Real estate agencies can provide valuable guidance and assistance, offering insights into the best options available within your budget and preferences.
4. Lease Terms and Conditions: Familiarize yourself with the standard lease terms and conditions in Bangkok, which usually include a one-year minimum contract, a two-month security deposit, and one month’s rent paid in advance. Be prepared to negotiate if necessary, but ensure that you clearly understand the terms before signing any agreement.
5. Inspect the Property: It is crucial to personally inspect the property before committing to rent. During the inspection, check the overall condition of the property, functioning of utilities, and the quality of the building's maintenance. This will help you avoid any unpleasant surprises after signing the lease.
6. Documentation and Legalities: Ensure that you have all the required documents, such as your passport, visa, and work permit, as these will be necessary to finalize the rental agreement. Moreover, it is advisable to seek the assistance of a legal professional or real estate agent to ensure that the rental contract complies with local laws and regulations.
Taking these factors into consideration
Renting a property in Bangkok can offer a variety of options in terms of location, type of property, and budget. The cost of renting largely depends on the area, proximity to public transportation, facilities, and the quality of the property itself.
In general, the rental costs in Bangkok can be divided into three categories: budget-friendly, mid-range, and upscale.
1. Budget-friendly: If you're looking for an affordable place to live, you can find studio apartments or one-bedroom condos in less central areas or older buildings. These properties usually range from 5,000 to 15,000 Thai Baht (THB) per month (approximately $150 to $450 USD).
2. Mid-range: For those seeking a comfortable living experience with some added amenities, you can find modern, well-maintained properties in central locations. These properties typically consist of one or two-bedroom condos and small houses, with rental prices ranging from 15,000 to 40,000 THB per month (approximately $450 to $1,200 USD).
3. Upscale: If you're looking for luxury living with high-end facilities and prime locations, upscale properties in Bangkok are available in the form of spacious condos, houses, or serviced apartments. These properties come with exceptional amenities and are situated in desirable areas, with rental prices ranging from 40,000 THB upwards, often exceeding 100,000 THB per month (approximately $1,200 to $3,000+ USD).
Please note that these price ranges are approximate and can vary depending on the specific property, its age, surrounding area, and current market conditions. Additionally, it's essential to consider other costs such as utilities, maintenance fees, and security deposits when renting a property in Bangkok.
To find the best property that fits your budget and preferences, we recommend exploring various neighborhoods, comparing rental prices, and working with a reliable real estate agency. This will ensure you find the perfect property to suit your needs
Finding the perfect housing in Bangkok can be an exciting yet potentially overwhelming experience, especially for first-timers. Fret not, as we have prepared a comprehensive guide to help you navigate the bustling city's property landscape with ease.
1. Determine your priorities: Before delving into the property search, it's essential to establish your priorities. Identify factors like location, budget, type of property (i.e., condominium or house), and amenities that best suit your lifestyle and preferences.
2. Research popular neighborhoods: Bangkok is an expansive city with a diverse range of residential neighborhoods, each offering its unique charm and convenience. Popular areas include Sukhumvit, Sathorn, and Silom for their proximity to shopping centers, restaurants, and public transportation. If you prefer a quieter and more affordable setting, consider exploring areas like On Nut, Udomsuk, and Bang Na.
3. Utilize online resources: Online property listing platforms are invaluable tools for finding housing options in Bangkok. Browse through our extensive collection of real estate listings, complete with detailed descriptions, photos, and even virtual tours to get a feel for available properties.
4. Consult a reliable real estate agent: Engaging the services of a professional and trustworthy real estate agent will help you streamline the property hunting process. Our team of experienced agents is dedicated to understanding your unique requirements, providing tailored recommendations, and ensuring a smooth transaction from start to finish.
5. Conduct property viewings: Schedule appointments with your agent to personally inspect shortlisted properties. Use this opportunity to evaluate aspects like room sizes, building conditions, and neighborhood ambiance to make an informed decision.
6. Negotiate and close the deal: Once you've found your ideal property, negotiate on the rental or purchase price with the help of your agent. They will also assist you in preparing the necessary paperwork and understanding the legalities involved in the transaction.
7. Arrange for moving and settling in: Upon securing your new home in Bangkok, make the necessary moving arrangements and acquaint yourself
Yes, a foreigner can certainly rent a property in Bangkok, as Thailand has a welcoming approach towards international tenants. In fact, many foreigners from various countries choose to reside in this vibrant city for work, retirement, or simply to enjoy the unique lifestyle it offers.
When it comes to renting a property, the process is relatively straightforward and does not require cumbersome documentation. Typically, the requirements include a copy of your passport, a valid visa, and proof of income or financial resources to ascertain your ability to meet rental payments.
Bangkok boasts a diverse market with a broad range of properties catering to different budgets and preferences. You can find accommodations such as condominiums, apartments, houses, and townhouses in various neighborhoods. It is recommended that you engage the services of a reputable real estate agency to assist you in navigating the rental market and securing an ideal property.
Do note that lease agreements are legally binding contracts, and it is essential to read and understand the terms and conditions thoroughly before signing. In general, rental contracts in Bangkok have a one-year term, and breaking the contract prematurely may result in penalties. Additionally, you will likely be required to pay a refundable security deposit equivalent to one or two months' rent, which will be returned at the end of the lease term, subject to any deductions for damages or outstanding payments.
It is also essential to clarify with your landlord or property manager the responsibility for maintenance, repair costs, and utility bills, to prevent misunderstandings in the future.
In conclusion, foreigners are indeed allowed to rent properties in Bangkok, and there is an extensive array of options to cater to individual needs. By seeking the services of a trustworthy real estate agency and thoroughly reviewing the rental agreement, you can secure a comfortable and enjoyable living experience in this dynamic city.